As with any other business or marketing tactic, Social Media Marketing requires that you have a clear plan, set realistic expectations and manage your time as to not avoid social media burnout.
The following are some tips will help you remain active and keep your audience engaged all while allowing you to manage your time wisely and get the most out of your social media marketing strategy.
- Keep on top of questions, comments and complaints that come via your social media sites. This can be relatively easy, without having to sit in front of your computer, monitoring each site 24 hours a day. Facebook and blogs can be set up to notify you via an email when someone posts on your wall responds to a post you made. You can receive a text message when when someone “mentions” you on Twitter. Use the notification tools that are provided by social media sites to save yourself time.
- Don’t feel obligated to engage in every conversation, answer every question, or respond to every comment. Often, the same question may be asked by several different people- you only need answer once. Schedule 5 minutes or so a few times during the day to respond to comments and group your response to several comments into one post. These can be the same times of the day you have scheduled to make posts based on your social media engagement schedule.
- Always respond to complaints as quickly as you possibly can. Don’t let complaints hang out there prompting ongoing conversations and more complaints. When a complaint comes through, act on it just like you would with a customer who is there in front of you- immediately.
- When to Tweet (Whentotweet.com)): Whentotweetanalyzes the time at which your followers tweet and gives you a personalized recommendation on when the best time of day for you to tweet.
- Timely(Timely.is): Tweeting for Maximum Exposure: If you are into scheduling tweets, an important consideration is doing it at times when your tweets can get the most exposure. There may be times when more of your followers are using Twitter. In order to get the most out of your content, it’s important to publish tweets during these periods.
- Buffer (Bufferapp.com)– Tweeting more consistently without annoying: Buffer gives you the ability to tweet all the content you find interesting, without overwhelming your followers. Simply throw your tweets into your Buffer and they are posted in spaced out intervals for you throughout the day.