The social network wants to make it easier for users to find content already on Facebook. Over the next few weeks all Facebook users will be able to include clickable hastags in their posts which will make it easier to search and find what other people are saying about specific topics. The feature rolled out to a small percentage of users on Wednesday.
Here are some quick tips on how to get started with hashtagging your News Feed.
- Use 2-3 hashtags at most and make them meaningful and unique.
- Include hashtags even when posting on mobile. They currently don’t function on mobile but they do work on desktop when posted from your mobile device.
- Use occasionally, but don’t overuse, more generic hashtags.
Here is what marketers need to know:
- If you are already using hashtags through other channels, you can amplify these campaigns by including your hashtags on Facebook.
- Hashtags that you use on other platforms that are connected to your Facebook Page will be automatically clickable and searchable on Facebook.
- Hashtags allow you to join and drive the conversations happening about your business. We recommend you search for and view real-time public conversations and test strategies to drive those conversations using hashtags.