Twitter is all about sharing relevant content that your followers will appreciate and find useful. Whether you share links from online resources, create your own on blogs, Facebook, YouTube or other sites, or develop a running commentary completely your own Twitter is a great way to generate a steady stream of followers who will be ready to listen when you present your product.
- Use Twitter as a platform to broadcast positive experiences with other local businesses or industry related brands.
- Actively engage with your contacts. Let them know you are there by retweeting their content or using @reply to proactively respond.
- Create content that is easy to retweet. Share some helpful advice, stories, quotes, jokes and pictures. Include teasers like “You’ll never believe what I just saw…” or “Check out this great new tip for…”
- Attend “Tweet ups” or participate in active forums/discussions. Use hashtags or make up your own.
- Add keywords into your posts that make your business easily identifiable.
When all is said and done Twitter is just like attending a Networking event or business mixer. There are a lot of people with a lot of things to say and everyone is talking at once. Capture the attention of social leaders and generate new relationships by offering yourself and your business as a valuable resource to their community and interests. Introduce yourself and other people, give away free information and always follow up with a kind, heartfelt thanks.